Vastu Tips For Bedroom
“Ideally, the bedroom at south-west brings good health and prosperity for the home owner and enhances longevity. Avoid a bedroom in the north-east or south-east zone of the house. In the south-east, it may result in quarrels among the couple. The bedroom in the north-east may cause a health issue. The children‘s bedroom is best in the east or north-west zone of the house,” says Dr Parmar
- According to Vastu, your bed should be placed with the head towards the east or south.
The bed in the guest room can have its head towards the west. Also, it is best if your bed is made of wood. Metal can create negative vibrations. To encourage togetherness, a couple should sleep on one single mattress and not join two separate mattresses
Careful where you fix your dressing table, assuming it has a mirror.
According to Vastu, avoid a mirror in front of your bed as the reflection of one’s sleeping body in a mirror is inauspicious.
What colour paint?
- Colours don’t just brighten our world; they also affect our mood, health and happiness.
Ideally, paint your bedroom off-white, baby pink or cream. Avoid dark colours. The room should be well-organised. Keep your bedroom clean and clutter-free, says Dr Snehal Deshpande, an expert in Classical Vastu and Feng Shui.
- Avoid a round or oval-shaped bed.
- Bed should always have a head rest. Never keep a window open behind your head when sleeping.
- Avoid a round ceiling above the bed.
- Never sleep under an overhead beam.
- Refrain from hanging photographs of deceased ancestors on the wall.
- Do not place the temple in the bedroom.
- Remove all broken or chipped items.
- Keep door of attached toilet shut when not in use.
- Mop the floor at least once a week with sea salt added to the water as it removes negative energy.